The EnRiMa DSS - Overview
EnRiMa’s principle objective was to develop a “decision support system” or as is is known in acronym form DSS for owners and facilities managers responsible for the operational management of public buildings.
As such this DSS enabled the integration of risk management, energy demand management, cost minimisation, emission reduction and efficiency requirements. Working within pre-determined tolerances for risk and human comfort, the DSS enabled building managers to cost effectively improve the energy efficiency of their buildings.
- Solar thermal
- Highly insulated building shells and windows
- CHP: Combined heat & power including fuel cells
- Thermal & electric storage
The savings derived from the application of the EuRiMa DSS were measured and verified by independent auditors.
At the Campus Pinkafield facility, the implementation of the EnRiMa DSS yielded average energy savings of 8% compared with control “normal operations” days during which there was no impact of the operational DSS on the building operation.
In addition, Campus Pinkafield were also able to achieve savings up to 16% on certain days where zero additional technology was applied to achieve the increased savings.
The Spanish project partner, Applus Norcontrol. SLU confirmed the identification of CO2 reduction potential of up to 17%.
The status if this project is complete.
EnRiMa Project Coordinator
EU contribution - EUR 612 552
DSV - Stockholm University
Forum 100 100
SE-164 40 Kista
Administrative contact: - Irma Muñoz
This project is now closed.For further information, please click here
Documents & Publications
- Final Report
- EnRiMa EE and Risk Management in Public Buildings - November 2010
- Optimising Distributed Energy Operations in Buildings - April 2012
- Strategic Model for Robust Planning EE and Risk Management in Public Buildings - April 2012
- ICT Impact on Energy Efficiency - May 2011
- DSS Modeling Energy Flows at Both Operational and Strategic Levels - October 2011